The month of March is a particularly exciting time for the inhabitants of Indianapolis, as well as for those visiting from out of town or even out of state. You don't want to find yourself without an Indianapolis area hotel to stay in, so make sure to book a room with us as soon as you can before the best ones are taken! March has got us pumped for the variety of events taking place around our hotel. Here's a rundown of them:
- March 14 - The Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal will take place from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Stardust Terrace near the Indiana Historical Society. There will be free food, live music, and prizes.
- March 15 - The St. Patrick's Day Parade will last from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. along the Indianapolis Downtown parade route while the Parade Festival takes place on Vermont Street from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- March 16 - The 22nd Annual Shamrock Run/Walk begins at 10 a.m. at Monument Circle and is followed by the Shamrockin' the Circle with live music, local beer, and good food. Blarney Bash will take place on the Georgia Street boardwalk this year and feature the local bands My Yellow Rickshaw and Flatbed Twitch on a stage in front of Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Killian's will be hosting this event and providing all the green beer, delicious food, and live music you could ask for. On the boardwalk, you'll find a variety of bars and restaurants open for this event open to the 21+ crowd.
- March 23 - IHSAA State Basketball Finals for the boys teams will be hosted at Bankers Life Fieldhouse starting at 10:30 a.m. and lasting all day.
- March 29 and 31 - The NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Midwest Regional will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium to host the "Sweet 16" and "Elite 8" games.
In addition to all of the events listed, our Pacers play seven home games at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse this month alone. There will also be a variety of acts being performed such as Sister Act at the Old National Centre and Beethoven's Fifth at Hilbert Circle Theatre. Even the 500 Festival Training Series 10K will be taking off on March 9 at 8 a.m. to warm up participants for the actual marathon.
As you can see, there's no shortage of things to do in Indianapolis this month. If you haven't planned a trip yet, your first step should be booking our Indianapolis downtown hotel so that you don't miss out on a single thing. Your next step will be deciding exactly what you want to do on each day, but hopefully the list will help!