Racing fans are in luck this year: the Circle City delivers once again with multiple races within the city and also in surrounding areas. Racing fans of all preferences are welcome to book a room in our Indianapolis area hotel for easy access to all these racing sites. Whether it's horse, hydroplane, or sprint car racing, there's a raceway for everyone. This is why your friendly local Indianapolis downtown hotel (that's us!) has compiled a list of the best raceways for you to check out, especially if you're only visiting in the area.
- O'Reilly Raceway Park – Located in Clermont, only 30 mins from us, features summit racing for the ET series. There will be several races held throughout the months up until October at least. This raceway also has motorbike and Camaro events for all you enthusiasts out there.
- Madison Regatta – Less than 2 hours from us, the Madison Regatta will be held from July 5th through 7th this year and will feature the best in hydroplane racing. This local event draws fans from all over because of the intensity and excitement of the races.
- World of Outlaws – Located in Kokomo, about an hour's drive. The World of Outlaws STP Spring Car Series 2013 schedule is jam packed with action from February until November. Some of these races will take place in other states but there are a significant number of local races too.
- Hoosier Park – Nothing screams excitement like the combination of a horse racing track with a casino. This is what Hoosier Park achieves by featuring Standardbred racing while offering various forms of entertainment, food, and drinks in their casino.
- Indiana Downs – This scenic race track hosts thoroughbred and quarter horse racing while offering other entertainment options at a fee. Access to gift shops, race wagering, and the bar is free. If you want to take it a step further, you can pay to use the theater and fine dining available.
As you can see, there's something for everyone. If you've made use of one of our Indianapolis hotel packages, it's likely you've brought the family with you. Well, instead of leaving them at home, many of these racetracks provide other sources of entertainment that they may find appealing so that you can turn the event into a family outing. Not such a bad deal, huh?