With just days left until this year's Indianapolis 500, you might be looking for last minute hotel accomodations Indianapolis. There's good news because our three star hotel downtown Indianapolis still has a few rooms left.
While you're in town, you might want to take advantage of some of the great Indy 500 events happening, leading up to the race.
- Wednesday, May 23 - 500 Festival Community Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - for $8 in advance and for $10 at the gate, you can buy tickets to get autographs from your favorite Indy racers.
- Thursday, May 24 - Practice/Qualifications for the Firestone Freedom 100 - this event is FREE. From 9am - Noon is the Firestone Indy Lights Practice, then from 1:15pm - 2:15pm the Firestone Indy Lights Qualifications Begin and from 2:30pm - 4pm are the Vintage Car Laps.
- Friday, May 25 - Miller Lite Carb Day - for $20 (kids 12 and under are FREE) you can enjoy the IZOD Performance Pit Stop Challenge, the Firestone Freedom 100, the Final Indianapolis 500 Practice and a concert in the afternoon headlined by legendary rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Saturday, May 26 - Legends Day at the Indy 500 presented by Shell V-Power - for $10 (kids 12 and under are FREE), come and enjoy a full field autograph session and the public drivers meeting. Gates open at 8am and the autograph session begins at 9am.
- Sunday, May 27 - RACE DAY! The 96th Running of The Indianapolis 500 Mile Race - Tickets start at $30 and the snake pit opens at 7am!
What are some of your favorite traditions when it comes to the Indy 500? Does your family go every year or do you go every year with a friend? Where do you come from? We want to hear your stories and favorite memories! Please share them in the comment section below.