For 10 days in October, find inspiration when the 2012 Heartland Film Festival brings films with a positive message to Downtown Indy. From October 18th to October 27th this family friendly event offers independent and international films that show the positive side to all that this life has to offer.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the filmmakers, and watch as more than $150,000 in cash awards are given for best documentary, short and narrative to name a few. There’s even a category for high school films as well. The schedule of events will be online shortly so be sure to visit the film festival’s website for further details. (http://www.trulymovingpictures.org/heartland-film-festival/about/) Here’s a brief listing of events scheduled so far:
- Opening Night – Oct 18th at the Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Screenings – Oct 18th at AMC Castleton Square 14
- Awards Ceremony – Oct 20th at Old National Centre
- Reel Conversations – Oct 21st at the Omni Severin Hotel
- Closing Night Screening – Oct 27th at Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Closing Night After Party – Oct 27th at Jazz Kitchen
Staying at Downtown Indy hotels offers guests the opportunity to stay close to all the action of the film festival and other entertaining attractions. Our historic hotel Indianapolis Hilton Garden Inn offers comfortable accommodations that make you feel right at home while enjoying all the screenings and parties available during the film festival. Give us a call today or visit our website to learn more about any October Indianapolis hotel packages available for your stay.