Visiting downtown Indy hotels promises to bring great accommodations and close proximity to plenty of great activities for all ages. If you’re on a budget, you might think your options for entertainment will be limited. Fortunately, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Give your budget a break with the following fun activities that also happen to be free for both residents and visitors alike.
- Take a free tour of the Indianapolis Childrens Museum of Indianapolis. Family nights happen the first Thursday evening of every month, and they also offer free admission on El Dia de Los Ninos, President’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Christmas Eve.
- General admission to the Museum of Art and Lilly House is free during the months of April through December. The Fairbanks Art and Nature Park offers 100 acres for walking and picnicking.
- Easley Winery offers free tours on the weekends, and the Mass Avenue Wine Shoppe features free wine tastings on Tuesdays.
- The Soldiers and Sailors Monument offers free visits to the Civil War Museum located in the monument’s basement from Friday to Sunday.
- Stroll through Downtown’s four cultural districts: the Canal & White River State Park, the Wholesale District, Indiana and Mass Avenues.
- The Indy City Market is open daily Monday through Saturday with plenty to see and do, and in the summer, the Farmer’s Market makes its debut each Wednesday from May to October and in the winter on Saturdays from November to April.
- Walking the Central Canal’s scenic pathway will take you near fine examples of contemporary architecture and historic churches along the Canal Walk.
- Circle Centre Mall offers plenty of opportunities for window shopping.
- The War Memorial Museum is the place to visit to view city memorials.
- The first Friday of every month, 35 art galleries associated with the Indianapolis Downtown Artists & Dealers Association sponsor an after party where visitors can meet local artists.
For more dozens of additional activities in Downtown Indy, visit the Indianapolis Downtown website to learn more about the schedule of events.
And for premiere accommodations in the heart of all the action, be sure to visit the Historic Hotel Indianapolis Hilton Garden Inn. Our Indianapolis hotel packages offer affordability, convenience and deluxe amenities.