I have recently made a list of some things I'd like to do with my guy this summer. Some I've experienced, some I have not. Let me list some off for you and we'll get some ideas flowing!
- Attend a film at the Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Outdoor, summer evening films. The Sandlot, Zoolander, Mommie Dearest and more!
- Revisit the Indianapolis Zoo
- They've added some animals since my last visit.
- Bicycle the Monon/Central Canal
- I have a cruiser now so little hills kill me. But it looks so nice to chill out and maybe stop at Huddle Frozen Yogurt on 86th Street for a cool treat!
- Go to a concert at The Lawn
- I already plan on seeing Umphrey's McGee, The Black Keys and The Avett Brothers there. If you've read some of my posts, music = life.
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Marsh(R) Symphony on the Prairie
- Another I miss year after year. I'm determined to visit Conner Prairie this year for some symphonic renditions of popular music.
- Rib America Festival
- This is one of the best weekends downtown. Four days of music, sun, and of course some of the best bbq in the country! you might catch me there every day. See my upcoming blog about this event and check out our Indianapolis hotel package for an amazing deal!!
- Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- It's race weekend but I'll be out of town for a four-day music festival in Illinois. So...maybe I'll visit for Brickyard 400 or Red Bull Indianapolis GP is my only chance of the year. We are one of the downtown hotels near Indianapolis Speedway...so it's not too far from work!
- Rock & Roll BBQ
- A new event to Indy at Victory Field. Country music and rock & roll with more bbq! I think this is 4th of July's answer to Labor Day's Rib Fest. Music and food? I'm IN! What about you? We still have the availability for you to make your Indianapolis hotel reservations and attend this first year event!
What do you like to do in and around Indy in the summer? Share some of your faves!